Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Hysterical Little Kid, and the Remaining Travel Plans

Two days ago, I flew from Madrid to London on an early morning flight and saw something that cracked me up. A little kid, maybe 4 years old, was wandering up and down the isle, when he went up to a man who definitely wasn’t his Father. He stared at the side of this man’s face for a few moments, and then, out of the blue, licked him, and ran back to his Mother. Absolutely brilliant.

Things are going very well. I have had my stitches removed, and the doctor says my hand is healing nicely. I ended up spending two days in London because I needed to get pages added to my passport before entering Africa. I turned up, unannounced on RP’s doorstep, and he took me in without batting an eye – what a superstar.

Everything else is all set to go. With a healing hand and expanded passport, I leave for Johannesburg, South Africa tonight. Once in Africa, I plan to spend two weeks traveling and hopefully going on a safari, and maybe the odd scuba dive or white water rafting adventure too. After that, I will be volunteering in a program for children afflicted with AIDS, called Camp Sizanini. If you are interested in what we are about, there is a link on the right hand side of this blog.

Thanks to: RP – let me know if you ever need anything man. You are one kick ass friend.
Next stop: Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home